In this edition we’ll be focusing on the very important subject of menstruation and the various ways that we can make sure we are handling our monthly cycles the best we can and how Satya Juice can help ease the struggles of that come with your period, enhance your lifestyle and help create a more pleasant, overall experience.
This edition features tips and tricks to ease your period troubles as well as an organic alternative to regular tampons that might just be something you never knew you needed in your life.
This is F R E S H P R E S S E D,
where we share whats on our minds with “no additives included.”
their 3rd day!ENTER PROMO CODE “CELEBRATE”Don’t forget to show us at Satya Juice which of our juices or cleanses make you happy by posting a picture on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag, #FallInLoveWithSatyaJuice!
T I P S A N D T R I C K S T O H E L P Y O U D U R I N G Y O U R C Y C L E
- Use ashwagandha as an adaptogenic hormone balancer: it works to heal adrenals, re-balance hormones and support restorative sleep. Ashwagandha is best in tincture form. Add in turmeric to help reduce energy-draining inflammation.
- Reduce your caffeine intake: Eliminating/reducing your intake will help to alleviate general pain, menstrual cramps, reduce internal stress and decrease overall body tension. This will also give your adrenals a chance to re-balance and heal.
- Drink more water: When you hydrate properly, extra salt leaves your body in your urine and will help stop swelling and bloating that can both be uncomfortable and drain your energy. Shoot for half your body weight in ounces daily!
- Dry brush for tighter, toned skin that radiates, and to help your body detox: Dry Brushing benefits include, overall detoxification, reduction of fluid retention, exfoliation, improved circulation, improved skin tone, reduction of cellulite, improved skin tone, increased immunity, improved lymph flow, smoother, brighter skin, decongested skin, opening and cleansing pores.
- Make sure to include lots of healthy fats and oils into your diet: Take all your Omegas, 3s, 6s, and 9s.
- Exercise: to get your blood and circulation moving.
- Increase your intake of iron-rich foods before and during your menses: to replace what you’ve lost each month and to avoid anemia: High sources of iron include: beet root, spinach, dark leafy greens, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, lentils, chickpeas, navy beans, kidney beans, olives and nettle tea.
- Try “Blackstrap” molasses: It contains 3.5 mg of iron per tablespoon, and has been used in folk medicine as a “blood builder” for centuries. This ancient traditional method of detoxification and rejuvenation is essentially the most luxurious detox you could ever dream of.
- Consume magnesium-rich foods: Vital for regulating hundreds of functions in the body, magnesium plays an important role in preventing mood swings and irritability, poor sleep, headaches, bloating and fluid retention. Some magnesium-rich foods to your diet include pumpkin seeds, dark leafy greens, figs and bananas.
- Drink red raspberry leaf tea: it re-mineralizes the body, is high in B vitamins and tones the uterus, relieving menstrual cramping.
- Drink chamomile tea: it contains properties that relieve muscle spasms and may therefore help reduce the severity of menstrual cramps. In addition, chamomile also reduces tension that may lead to anxiety and irritability.
When it comes to tampons, Satya’s Founder, Erika, is in love with the company, Cora. She loves their mission, product and what they stand for. Cora believes “that time of the month” should never be a source of shame, harm or uncertainty.They are committed to giving all women access to safe and effective period products as well as valuable and trustworthy information to educate and empower. Their tampons are made of organic cotton and their applicators are made of BPA-free plastic.
So why should you switch? They do not include all the harmful chemicals that regular tampons include and they are biodegradable and hypoallergenic. All in all, a much healthier alternative.
To learn more about their mission and products, visit Cora’s homepage !
Erika@satyajuice.com or by phone at 610.888.9213
Our mailing address is:
Wallingford, PA 19086